Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Celebrities Without Makeup. Or...Janine.


I realize I haven't blogged in about 9 years...but really...I'm still alive. Sorry about that.

This past weekend I had to come up to Campus to let a group into the building for an all day meeting they were holding here. I had sent keys via our courier to the lady in charge, Arshi, but she didn't get them. Of course. So, she called me Friday night and I agreed to meet her at the building at 7:30.

For those of you who don't know...7:30 on a Saturday morning is NOT my best time. I basically rolled out of bed and washed my face. Then I put my glasses on and grabbed a hat to cover up my frizzy morning hair, and came on up.

I unlocked the building and met with Arshi, (who works in Cheyenne, so we don't see each other on a regular basis...this was actually the first time we'd spoken face to face) showing her around and blah blah blah. I told her I'd come back up around 5:30 to lock everything up again, and then I left.

I went home, showered, "put my face on," and did my hair. Nothing too fancy...just my regular regimen. At 5:15, when I came back up to Campus, I walked up to Arshi and saw ZERO recognition in her face. Seriously. She had no idea that I was the same person that had let her in.

I suppose it's a good thing to know that the time that I spend on my makeup and hair isn't wasted...apparently it DOES transform me into a brand new person. Knowing that I look like a mountain troll when I wake up, without having done those things, however, makes me wonder how I've kept any friends over the years of camping trips and slumber parties. :)

0 comments: