Friday, February 29, 2008

Empty Bucket

This is my candy container on my desk at work. Actually...it's not on my desk anymore, I removed it. Sometimes it is chockfull of delicious treats, from a Tootsie Assortment, to Hershey's Kisses, to Reeses Delights. For a while now...it's had one solitary grape sucker. Nobody wants that sucker, it's pretty clear. But...I've been kind of busy in my life lately, and filling the candy container isn't my top priority. Like...I don't get release time from work to head over to Willy Wonka's factory. And when I'm not at work, the last thing I need to be doing is buying candy. So...sadly...it's been empty (except for the lonely grape sucker) for a week or so. I don't think too much about it. Until the complaints start coming in. Seriously...you wouldn't believe how upset people get when they come into my office to find that there isn't any candy. It's like...sometimes, that's the only reason they came in here. It's starting to make me feel bad about myself. Well...it might, if it didn't just drive me crazy that they whine. So...I took it off my desk. Now people will probably complain that there is no candy dish...but I don't know what's worse...an empty candy dish, or no candy dish at all? I'll get back to you.

0 comments: