Friday, February 29, 2008

Martin

This is Martin, my Betta. I never considered myself to be a fish person...I didn't really like them at all, until I inherited one at work a couple of years ago. His name was Simon. Actually, his name was some Spanish word that I could neither pronounce nor remember, so I named him Simon. I kind of grew attached to the little guy. He provided some entertainment on days when time was going slowly...and he was kind of an office mascot. Before long, another girl in my office wanted a fish. So we got her a Betta for her desk and named him Garfunkel. You see where we were going with that. I know...we were pretty clever. Well, that girl didn't work here long, so when she left, Garfunkel was mine as well. I don't know if he missed her or what...but he didn't last long. After him, I got Cash. Cash died. Simon lived on and on over on my desk, but the fish on the other desk were dropping like flies. I got Frank to replace Cash, and Frank and Simon seemed to live in pretty good harmony for quite a while. Finally...(after a tragic event that I choose not to discuss now)...Simon died, and I got Martin. I don't remember when Frank died, but eventually, he did, and we got Michael for the other desk. Martin and Michael have been thriving for a while now.

Until today. I think Martin is having some problems. He's not acting like himself. I'm a bit worried. I wanted to showcase him today in case I don't have the chance to do it tomorrow. I mean...nobody is going to want to see his picture tomorrow if he doesn't make it through the night.

So...long story short...I like Martin. I hope he doesn't die. Cross your fingers for him.

UPDATE: Martin lived. Phew...

0 comments: