Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Back To School


Well, after a summer that I really don’t think was NEARLY long enough, school is set to start again tomorrow. Yes…on a Wednesday. We go against the grain. Deal with it. Anyway…as we’ve been gearing up for the new semester, I’ve gotten a plethora of confused folks who’ve turned to me for guidance. While most of them ask understandable questions…I thought I’d pay homage to the “special” ones...

A list of my favorite pre-semester questions/comments:

***Hey, I know that classes start on Wednesday this week. When will my Thursday class revert to meeting on Thursdays?

***Hey, I’m trying to log in to register, and my user name and password aren’t working. I got them from the last school I attended, but for some reason I’m not in the system.

***Does this campus have bathrooms?

***Student: Hey, I’d like to pay for my classes.

Me: (after looking up their account) I’m not showing that you owe anything.
(after looking up their registration) I'm actually not showing that you're
registered for classes. When did you register?

Student: Oh…I haven’t done that yet.

***Hi, I was looking at my account, and it’s higher than I thought it was going to be, so I need you to go in and remove those “mandatory student fees,” because I don’t want to pay for them.

I could go on. I could really do a weekly installment of stupid questions…I just need to keep track of them all. On second thought…it might have to be a daily installment.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

hahaha...mandatory student fees..that totally reminds me of the finance charge lady that called into Discover asking to have her "financial charges" removed because she's NEVER shopped at a store called "financial charges"

OHH people...ya gotta love 'em!

Sharon said...

HAHAHA!!! You totally should do at least a weekly installment of these.

I wish I didn't have to pay mandatory fees either!

Dimitri and Zachary said...

Maybe you should hand out little cards saying, Here's your sign! LOL Thanks for the laugh!

LTYM said...

Here's my son Jack's question on the second day of kindergarten: "Do I have to go AGAIN?"