Thursday, August 27, 2009

Pig-anoia

The girls in the office just heard that CU just sent home 60 students due to the Swine Flu. KU sent some home, too. Some other school, too. The bottom line is that they are freaking out. Freaking out and wearing masks.

I don’t want to take the subject lightly…I certainly don’t want to get the Swine Flu. But if there is one way to define me…(other than the tanning bed’s eternal lover/mortal enemy)…it is vain. In spite of the slight appeal of being able to make unseen faces at dumb or stinky people standing in front of me, I can’t get myself to wear the mask. How dorky would I look? There is no way my hair wouldn’t get messed up. Please. Not to mention the fact that I don’t carry 18 different lip glosses in my purse just to hide their fruit-i-licious shine behind a mask.

If I’m the first to go, so be it…but I’ll go down with my cute nose showing and my face free of mask induced welts. It’s called standing up for what you believe.

1 comments:

Dimitri and Zachary said...

I have the perfect idea for you! You need to go to a costume shop and buy a big snout and use that as your mask and then tell everyone you are trying to avoid the swine flu by wearing it around the office. :)