Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Bad Hair Day

So I've been dying, I guess ever since I got back from Texas, to get a hair cut. My poor locks got pretty fried by a straightening procedure that I had done back in May, and my once all one length hair has gotten progressively more and more layered. Not so happy about that.

So...as I really didn't need anything extravagant done to my hair...(I just needed a trim, really)...I decided to take advantage of the Great Clips 4.99 Hair Cut Sale. I mean...for 4.99, you can't go wrong...right?

Hmmm...

I kind of think that Great Clips suffers from delusions of grandeur. Really...I think "Mediocre Clips," or "So-So Clips," or "You Can't Really Expect Much For 4.99 Clips" would really be more accurate.

In all actuality, the jury is still out on the quality of the haircut itself, because I have yet to have it styled. The thing about a 4.99 hair cut is that you don't get anything but a hair cut. (Unless you count unfounded, yet fierce, criticism about your hair care regimen from a complete stranger) So...on my lunch hour, I went down there, got sprayed down by conditioner water, cut, and then set free. No drying. No styling. And no time to go home and fix it myself. I stopped at Albertson's (of all places) on my way back to work and bought a comb and some styling cream, and went straight to the bathroom as soon as I got back to work. Although it is definitely not at all how I would ever wear it on a regular day, I finally got it AT LEAST presentable. Barely. I can guarantee it will never be styled like that again, anyway. To the untrained eye, it might not look so bad. I even got a couple of compliments on it. If I saw it on another person, I would most likely not think it was bad at all. But when it's not what you want...there is no convincing you that your hair doesn't look like crap. One thing I told her was that I didn't want it to flip out. If nothing else...I just didn't want it to flip out. Yeah...it flipped out. I wasn't too happy the rest of the day. :( I'll have to let you know tomorrow how it styles when I've had a chance to actually do something with it.

Anyway...some pictures...

Before, With Dreams of A Happy Hair Cut!


After, With Hopes That Only Blind People Would Come Into the Office In The Afternoon.

1 comments:

Rachael said...

Too funny! I also have issues with my hair flipping out! I hope it worked better for you today! Just say no to "Great" Clips!