Thursday, July 10, 2008

Janine Has Willpower? Since When?

So yesterday I discovered the CUTEST pair of shoes down at Maurices. I'm telling you...they were SO cute. Ta-da!
I also found the CUTEST brown hoodie jacket down there, which I did not take a picture of, but trust me...it was SO cute, too. I mean, honestly...I was DYING. I wandered around the store, cradling the hoodie in my arms, and with one of the shoes on my foot. I didn't want to let them go.

In a display of self-control that I have NEVER known myself to have, I eventually put both the shoes and the hoodie away. I talked myself down from the spending ledge by using such logic as "Mom's birthday is coming up," and "Marcus and Nicolas will need some spoiling while they are here later this month." Typing it out now, I'm blown away. Since when do I fall for garbage (aka, logical thinking) like that??

It's like I don't even know myself anymore.

1 comments:

Kristi said...

OH man!!! Why are you making me look at those cute shoes again?? So cute!!!