Monday, September 8, 2008

Seriously Freaking Me Out

So...I love myself a good scare, but today I almost had a genuine heart attack here at work. The copier had run out of paper...which is a common occurance, and I was hurrying down the hall to the storage room to get some more paper. When I opened the door, I was greeted by this guy:


Talk about giving me a freaking stroke!!! I think he's a new dummy for our EMT class...which is fine...but I've never seen him in there before, and he was RIGHT there in my face as soon as the door opened. I am glad nobody was in the hall with me, because I know that I physically jumped. AND...I made a little "freaked out" noise...that could not have sounded good.

Also, the other night, as I was leaving, I noticed the lights on in a classroom. I walked in, to make sure that nobody was in there, and as I knew that there weren't any other classes scheduled in the room that night, I switched off the lights. As soon as I switched them off...and pulled my hand away from the light switch...the lights came back on. The switch didn't move...but the lights came on. Weird, I know. I looked across the room and saw another set of light switches...and thought maybe it was some weird thing where they both had to be off to get the lights to go off. (But they DID go off. They just didn't STAY off.) Anyway...I went over to the other switches and turned them off. And...the lights immediately came back on. What the freaking crap?? It took me three tries, and some well chosen words under my breath (which I'm sure did nothing for my efforts, but they at least made me feel better) to get the lights to stay off. To this day I don't know what was going on...I've never had anything like that happen in any of our rooms ever. And nobody has told me of it happening to them, either. WEIRD. I'm pretty sure it was the ghost of an Underappreciated Admin Assistant of yore...trying to tell me that I'm not alone. ; )

Anyway...it's not even October yet...the official "scary" time of the year. I can't imagine what weird/freaky things are in store for me next month!

0 comments: