Monday, April 6, 2009

And Then We Saw Elton John


So…as I mentioned, Kristi and I got to go see Elton John on Friday night, which was entirely because she has a very generous boss. It was just great. In the process of entertaining the pants off of all of us, they raised 550,000 dollars for the Matthew Shepard Foundation…so that was super cool. Anyway…I’m so glad we got to go! Our seats were really good…7th row, on the side…but with him facing us…so it was just great. He came out and started with “Your Song,” which is a favorite of mine…and it just got better and better. He’s just so amazing…a great entertainer! He’s SO good on the piano. When he played “Honky Cat”…it was just CRAZY how good he is on the piano. In my history of concert going, I’ve always thought people holding lighters and/or cell phones was kind of cheesey…but when he played “Candle in the Wind” and the whole arena had their cell phones waving…it looked SO cool. I never got my cell phone out…but I was converted to the fact that it’s a cool look. Hee hee. I could go on and on and just repeat how good it was…but I won’t. But it WAS so good. Just so you know.

1 comments:

Kerri said...

I have seen him twice, once with Billy Joel and he is just AMAZING.
BTW "Your Song" has got to be his best song. It is my favorite.