Monday, April 6, 2009

Just A Little Snow

So…on Friday everyone kept talking about how it was supposed to snow over the weekend, and I wasn’t too worried about it.  I mean…I just thought it would be an inch or two…nothing to worry about.  Friday night…it started.  And it wasn’t so bad.  Kristi and I went to the Elton John concert (which was GREAT by the way!) and it was just snowing a little on our way in.  I had a fleeting thought that there would be a foot of snow on the ground when we came out, but 4 hours later, when we emerged, it wasn’t so bad.  Just snow on the grass…and the streets were wet…just like I imagined it would be.

Saturday…however…was a different story.  I woke up to a winter wonderland, and as it’s no longer the Christmas season and I’m not allowed to listen to my Carpenter’s Christmas CD without looks of scorn from those around me…I was NOT happy about it.  It snowed all day Saturday and was just plain miserable.  The picture was our picnic table at 4:00 in the afternoon, and it continued to snow and blow after that.  And drift.  And just suck. 

Sunday it was sunny and began to melt everything…so we had slushy messy roads…(which turned to crunchy icy roads for this morning)…and we lost power for a little bit in the afternoon.

So much for freaking Spring!  It’s a good thing I’m going to California next week…I need some warmth to look forward to!  (Not to mention a rendezvous with a certain mouse and duck that I love so much!)

1 comments:

Dimitri and Zachary said...

I give you permission, everytime it snows you can listen to your Carpenter's Christmas CD.