Monday, July 6, 2009

And Then I Bought A Bike


Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling. ~James E. Starrs

I honestly don't even know who James E. Starrs is...but man...he really knew his stuff.

Last week I bought a bike...(that's the one, up there!)...and I'm telling you what...it has been the GREATEST investment ever! I just love it. Like the quote implies...it just makes me happy! I feel like it totally takes me back to being a kid again, and it never stops being fun. I've gone on rides almost every day/evening since I bought it...(some days, over the weekend, I went on several, with Kristi and Tyler. So much fun!!)...including one where we got stuck riding in the rain. My hair didn't enjoy that ride too much......but the rest of me LOVED it!

If you've forgotten the joys of riding a bike...I strongly recommend picking it up again! If you can manage to stay out of the rain, though...it might be a good thing...if only for your vanity. :)

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Okay, I totally had to laugh because I found a grammatical error in your post. :-) So much for having an English degree, huh? LOL!

Your bike looks great. I remember the days of bike riding. What fun. We still have hope that one day Sami will learn how to ride. Maybe even before Jayden does. :-)

Janine said...

Sharon...I don't know what you're talking about!

Also...I didn't know Sami didn't know how to ride a bike. Thinking back, I guess I never knew her to ride one...but you just assume everyone knows how, I guess. I've heard that boys always learn earlier than girls, though. I won't give up hope on her!

Rachael said...

Janine - I seriously LOVE that picture of you!!! I've got tears!

And I'm a bit jealous! I've been wanting to get a bike for a little while now... so much fun!