Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Disneyland


Okay...I know that I've been such a slacker on the blogging lately. But there is nothing like detailing a death match between me and an Ellipse Sun Bed (see below) to get the blogging juices flowing once more.

So yeah...last weekend, I went to California, and, among other wonderfully fun things, Kristi and I went to Disneyland. There is a reason that place is called the Happiest Place On Earth. Um...it's because it's so happy there. I mean really...that's all there is to it.

This trip to DL was easily the best trip I've had. Why, you ask? Because I think the entire time we were there, we never waited more than 15 minutes for a ride. It was SO great. Usually, half of the Disney experience, for me anyway, is complaining about the annoying people that are surrounding me throughout my 45 minute to an hour wait per ride. This time, though...I had to leave all complaints at the door. Kristi and I arrived about 15 minutes before the park opened, and headed to the "rope" on main street where a withered old security guard keeps hooligans from entering before 8:00 sharp. We were at the very front of the crowd, so as soon as the rope dropped, we were off. We headed straight to Space Mountain, and walked right on. Then, we went over to Pirates of the Caribbean, and walked right on to that one, too. In fact, Kristi and I were the only two people on our entire boat for Pirates. Talk about weird. Then, we went over to Indiana Jones and the Haunted Mansion, respectively, both without a wait as well. It was just wild.

The rest of the day we kind of wandered around, at a leisurely pace, and definitely saw everything we wanted to see, and had time to do some things that neither of us had ever done while we were there. We got to ride all the "big" rides at least twice, and never felt rushed at all. It was a perfect day!

0 comments: