Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Just Gross

Okay, here’s my rant for the day.

I work in a “professional” environment. In other words…I do NOT work with a large group of barnyard animals. That being said, it NEVER ceases to amaze me that I find the bathroom in the most DISGUSTING state almost every time I go in there. Seriously…it is ALWAYS a mess. Either there is water all over the place…(at least I hope it’s water)…or there are paper towels all over the floor…or people forget to flush…or people HAVE flushed, and yet, it doesn’t smell like they’ve flushed…I could go on…but I don’t even like thinking about some of the other stuff that I find in there...let alone typing it out for you.

I just don’t get it. I look around at the people I work with and I have to wonder…WHO DOES THAT?? A couple of droplets of water on the counter…I guess I can forgive that…(though I always wipe the counter dry if I’ve dripped after washing my hands)…but honestly…how can any person with a fraction of respect for the other people that he/she works with leave the room in “This is seriously going to make you gag to the point of vomiting…go get your Haz-Mat suit if you have it handy” mode?? I always have my suspicions as to who it was…but you never can tell. Maybe it is the most clean seeming person on the staff.

And the thing that makes me that maddest is that when I leave, someone is going to walk in after me and think that I left the room like that. I HATE IT!!! So do I clean up their disgusting mess to protect my own reputation? Or do I run for the hills before I throw up and have an even bigger mess? And when I DO run for the hills...I'm always stuck roaming the halls looking for a bathroom that hasn't been disgustified.

Grrrrr….

0 comments: