Thursday, May 29, 2008

In A Nutshell

Instead of going into every horribly boring detail of my FABULOUS weekend in Salt Lake, I'm going to just go over some highlights, in no particular order:

We got to SLC early and got to meet the gang (Me, Kristi, Val, Rachael, Loreen, Salagi, Ryan and Dan) at the Olive Garden for dinner. I had three full cloves of garlic in my pasta sauce…unchopped. I thought they were little potatoes or something. Also, the waitress didn't like me, I think, because she took everyone's salad plate but mine. I was seriously holding it up for her and she didn't even acknowledge me. We had a fight later. ; )

We played games and laughed our makeup off until the wee hours of the morning at Ryan's parents' house. Just like the good old days! Watching Ryan laugh is honestly enough to entertain even the toughest audience, I think.

We stayed in the new Hampton, which was too fun. It's just a couple of weeks old and everything was nice and new. We stayed up late and played and enjoyed the room as much as we could. I even loved the bathroom!

Dan’s wedding went off without a hitch. Unless you consider 4 of Dan’s dearest friends (i.e. US) showing up late and settling into our seats JUST as the bride started coming down the aisle to be a hitch. I mean…how uptight are you? Congrats to Dan and Kim!

We cruised the 215 with the top down. It was a little windy but was so much fun and we got a lot of jealous stares. At least, I'm sure they were jealous stares and not "that girl in the back looks like Cousin It from the Addams Family" stares.

We played games and ate ice cream with adorable Lily as the center of attention.

We saw the new Indiana Jones movie and played games with Ashley and her husband, and his brother. The movie was great and the games were a blast!

We ate at the Rodizio Grill…which is like an all you can eat buffet where they bring the food to you. And by food I mean meat. Lots of delicious, perfectly cooked meat, hot off the grill on skewers. All different kinds. So so so good. Also, there was grilled pineapple that I could have eaten all night long!

We went tanning at our old tanning salon in Salt Lake. They still had us in their system, even though it's been like 7 years since we were there last. I'm happy to report that I didn't lose any of my clothing in the tanning room. Hooray for me!

Obviously I'm leaving out so many details...but I have to say that it was just one of the best weekends ever. I just love laughing and spending time with my "Utah People," and I can't wait until the next time. Though, if that time comes along and I go without the extra garlic, that'd be okay with me.

1 comments:

Kristi said...

Ohhh what a fun weekend!!!