Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Summer Summer Summertime...(sing it, Will Smith)

Just in case you were wondering how the summer is treating me, here's a picture of my car as I headed out to go to work this morning. Nice, huh? And you can't really tell from the picture, because the camera on my phone isn't like...supercamera...but it was still snowing pretty heartily at that time.

The thing about snow in May is this...I know that I should be used to it, living in Laramie, and people tell me that all the time. And I AM used to it...but that doesn't mean I have to LIKE it. And in all actuality, I didn't even care that it snowed last night...just that it was snowing this morning...for a couple of reasons.

First of all...I don't care where you live...you don't want to see snow in May. I mean...the green grass is emerging...the flowers are blooming! I hate being teased by the weather. Make up your mind already!

Secondly, Kristi and I have been doing a really good job of getting up early in the mornings and going walking. We like to pat ourselves on the backs pretty hard about it, because 5:45 in the morning is NOT our preferred "out and about" time. Some people might think we're crazy to get up so early, but...we do it because it feels good to get out...the morning air is nice...and it's just a nice start to the day. We are not so crazy that we'd go out walking in a blizzard, however...we do have SOME brains. So...my morning walk was SHOT because of the freaking snow. : (

Finally, and this is probably the most important one...the snow is annoying because I have a little bit of a vanity problem. I don't know if you knew. But when I spend the majority of my "getting ready" time trying to ensure that my naturally "just wavy enough to be ugly" hair is pin straight, I don't like it so much when I'm out in the snow, cleaning off my car, and the moisture is just enough to turn my hair into a disgusting, 33% curly, 33% wavy, 33% straight, 100% UGLY mop. (I know the three factors only add up to 99%. I can't say for sure, but my best guess would probably be that the final 1% is obvious dark roots.)

Needless to say...I wasn't happy this morning. I should have stayed in bed. Of course, I can usually find a pretty compelling argument in favor of my staying in bed EVERY day...but this time, I'm almost positive that it would have been justified.

0 comments: