Friday, May 2, 2008

My Hero

Just thought I’d do a little testimonial/consumer review for the handful of people that actually read my blog. Hee hee. I just want to say, today, that Zicam is my freaking hero. Seriously…that stuff rocks my socks!

I started to feel the comings on of a cold on Monday night, while I was playing games with some friends. That faint tickling in my throat, that little suggestion of on-coming congestion in my nose…I know the signs all too well. I went home, determined to start using some Zicam immediately. I’d had success with it in the past, and was eager to give it another go.

I began pretty strict “Zicam Therapy” Tuesday morning. I use the nasal gel, but they have several different kinds for different “tastes.” There are no real “directions” on the box as to how often to use the gel…so I found that I did it about every hour or so. It is PHENOMENAL, decongestion-wise. Probably within 30 seconds of using the Zicam, my nose immediately unplugs, and I’m able to get to blowing my previously blocked like concrete sinuses clean. I love that about it…if nothing else.

I was sick most of the week…and it WAS a nasty little cold. There was one point, on Wednesday night, when I was pretty sure I was going to die…but I battled through.

I woke up today, Friday, feeling a million times better. In all my life, I have never had a cold last less than close to two weeks…and usually, some of the symptoms (cough, congestion) hold on for closer to three. I’ve used Zicam on two different colds now, and have found that they last 3-4 days tops. SO GREAT.

I’m still a tiny bit congested, but all of my other cold symptoms are gone. I credit Zicam fully for my swift recovery. It’s kind of pricey…(10 bucks or so for the nasal spray)…but to get rid of a cold this fast, it is totally worth it!

0 comments: