Tuesday, June 24, 2008

And Then I Went to Houston

So yeah...we went to Houston...and I've been super lame and lazy about blogging about it. Seriously it was SUCH a great time...I just am a lame-wad. Sorry about that! And...while I'm still super lazy...I've decided to at least post some pictures and some short little bullets...:)

First off...Houston is BIG. So we spent a lot of time in the car. Cody and I entertained each other pretty well in the back seat, though...

Our first big adventure was the beach, which was fun fun fun! The water was warm, which I loved, and the waves were great! Wasn't such a huge fan of the salt water...(bleah!)...but overall, it was a blast!!
After the beach we went to Kemah Boardwalk....

...and got soaking wet, both on a boat ride called the Boardwalk Beast, and in a sudden downpour!
The next day we went to the zoo where I got pictures of lots of animals and other crazy creatures...


We went to the Astros/Yankees baseball game, which was mercifully air-conditioned...(though I still managed to sweat my head off!)...:)

We had delicious Texas steak...

And...we had a great time bowling with the kids...

Finally...our last night there...we had a great barbecue and I think Jayden's face says it all...it was Good...:) (Actually, this is about the best smile he gave me the whole trip...he's not so sure about his Aunt Janine yet. I'm not really too worried...I'll convert him...)

Like I said...we really did have a great time! I can't wait for my next Houston Adventure...though I think I'll go in the middle of the winter, so that the temperature is only mildly hot, rather than boiling my face off hot. ; )

1 comments:

Rachael said...

YAY!!! I'm so glad to finally hear about your trip! Looks like so much fun! (Even for a group of lame-wads!)