Friday, June 6, 2008

Memory Lane

So, for those of you who have been living under a rock for the past month or so, New Kids on the Block have reunited and are heading out on tour this fall to promote a new album. Yeah. They debuted on the Today Show a week or so ago, performing together for the first time in 15 years.

So what, you say? SO WHAT???

These five dreamboats from Boston were pretty much my entire life as a young teenager. I loved every single song they sang…I watched (and recorded, for additional viewing) every concert special on the Disney Channel…I voted for them daily on Dial MTV…and went with Kristi and our childhood friend Alicia to see them in concert in Denver. It was pretty much the greatest experience of my life. I mean…in all honesty…I was fairly certain that I was going to marry Joe McIntyre. I’ve always been a ridiculous optimist…and it never crossed my mind that the odds of my winning big in the lottery were better than the odds of me marrying my favorite New Kid. (Don’t worry though…once my crush faded, I did accept that fact, and am now addicted to gambling. Thanks a lot, stupid odds.)

Anyway…all the NKOTB fever has gotten me pretty nostalgic, and you can bet your sweet little backside that Kristi and I will be heading to Denver to see the guys when they’re on tour in November. Tickets go on sale on Tuesday, and I’m hoping to get pretty good seats. I mean…even though Joe is married now and has a kid…it doesn’t mean he won’t recognize his true soul mate in the crowd when he sees me.

Cross your fingers.

0 comments: