Monday, June 23, 2008

Paradise Lost...

So, I have to say that summers in Laramie are just about perfect. I mean, I just love love love them! Seriously...the weather is great...it's never "too" hot, everything is so green, there is so much sunshine! I especially love the evenings...(probably because I'm inside working all day so evenings are my only choice)...it's just so fun to play some lawn games, or even just sit outside and chat. It's just a great time...and I really look forward to it so much every year. This weekend, however, I was reminded of one little facet of summertime that I can NOT handle:

EFFING MOSQUITOES!!!

I seriously hate them so so so much. They are super bad right now because we've had a lot of rain, and they are driving me nuts. For some reason, they think that my feet and ankles are among the most delectable of all meals. I have at least a dozen bites on my one foot, and it makes me want to scream. What is the point of having perfect evening weather when you become "dinner" for these little blood suckers every time you step out the door?? Sadness.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

K - where's the Texas report??? I'm dying to hear how it went!

Sharon said...

It's probably a good thing we never just sat outside. The mosquitoes here are HUGE!!! You know, the old "everything in Texas is bigger"...