Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Now I'm Going To Have the Creepy Crawlies All Day...

So basically I kind of like to consider myself to be a tough broad. You know, I'm not afraid to get dirty, and although I DO like to wear makeup and have my hair done, I'm not one of the girls who stands in the bathroom at Bear Lake for 3 hours fixing her hair for a night of flirting with the hot guys at the next camp site over. This might be because we didn't have any hot guys at the next camp site over from us...(there was a pair of questionable girls that made William uncomfortable)...but still...I'm not one of THOSE girls.

Anyway, in spite of my rugged exterior, there are a FEW things that freak me out...and near the top of that list...nasty gross spiders. Probably the only thing that is worse to me is a bee of any shape or form. But spiders...not cool. Not that I've ever been a fan of them...but I think my skittishness increased 38 fold when we had wolf spiders in our house in Utah. Oh my crap...those things are the DEVIL!!! They are huge, and scary looking...and freaking FAST. Oh how I hate them. Especially since one morning I woke up and, when I grabbed my cell phone to see what time it was, squished one as it was strolling across my keypad. WITH MY BARE HAND. BARF BARF BARF. I still get the chills whenever I think about it too much.

The point of the story is that today in the bathroom...I had a visitor in my stall. And he WASN'T little. I haven't seen that big of a spider...that close to me...since I scraped that rodent sized one off my hand back in Salt Lake. Fortunately I avoided having a heart attack...but it was close. WHAT the crap was this creep doing inside the College? Freaking jerk.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

ok...umm...GROSS!

Sharon said...

Good thing we had the bug guy out before you guys came, huh? Steve squished a good sized one the other night when it tried to run across the living room floor. Gave me the willies too!