Thursday, August 28, 2008

They're Coming Back to the Arena

For those of you who have known me for any amount of time, you know that Wyoming Cowboy Athletics hold a special place in my heart. From the time that I was very little, I was trained up to love and cheer for the Brown & Gold…growing up in a college town makes it inevitable.

When I was a teenager, my love for Cowboy Basketball outweighed my love of pretty much everything else. Whether or not this has anything to do with a crush that I may or may not have had on a player who may or may not have played for them…is yet to be determined. There are some ongoing studies…I’ll keep you posted on the results.

Anyway…the point is that I recently learned that next month former Cowboy Basketball players from several decades will convene in Laramie and will play a reunion game. Although I can’t say that I watched all of the slated players in their prime, there are several of them who were my heroes of heroes in my youth. Theo Ratliff anyone? Reginald Slater? Roman Totta? Sadly Dean Noseep isn’t going to make it…but I guess you can’t have it all. I can’t wait to see them in action again!

Wow…I thought I was excited about the New Kids on the Block Reunion, but I think this might even trump NKOTB! If only they could get the New Kids to come and do the halftime show, I’d be in Memory Lane Heaven!!



2 comments:

Kristi said...

OHH memory lane heaven! I love it there! What about Rick Henry? he was one of our faves!

MetroParks said...

So I really miss you guys again. That was super fun to hang out like the good old days. My kids still talk about you all and a couple of days ago Emi even sang "There was an old woman all skin and bones," for me, but she kept her hand over my mouth while she sang it. I thought she just wanted to sing it on her own but when she was done (and she remembered it all - you made quite the impression) she said, "I don't want to ever hear anyone else sing that song, just me, because it scares me too much."