Thursday, August 21, 2008

Tanning Room Catastrophes, Take Three. And Four.


Yesterday I went tanning. Really…the fact that I’m blogging about it…should tip you off that it wasn’t such a stellar experience. I mean, honestly…how many bad things can happen to a girl in a freaking tanning room? I really can’t blame all of my woes on tanning…but the fact that so many of my woes occur in those rooms…just makes me wonder. Or…maybe it’s a sign that I spend far too much time in tanning rooms. Who knows? Sigh…

Anyway…I was getting ready to tan. I was taking off my shoes when I felt a snap.

OH MY GOSH!!! The elastic broke on my shoe…rendering that strap totally useless. Are you kidding me? These are my freaking 120 dollar Danskos we’re talking about. Don’t you think that if you are paying 120 dollars for a pair of shoes that the effing elastic should hold its own?? I think I’d be less angry if it had been the buckle that had broken or something…because I feel like I could get that fixed. Maybe I can get the elastic fixed…but WHAT IF I CAN’T????? I’m going to be so so mad.

After the initial shock of having a disabled shoe, I continued getting ready to tan, and I heard the distinct clinking sound you hear when something metal falls on the floor. Looking around, I couldn’t see what it might have been…there was nothing on the floor. Reaching up, however, I found that the dangly heart thingy had come off of one of my favorite dangly heart thingy earrings.

OH MY GOSH!!! I looked and looked and couldn’t find it anywhere. I’m sure it’s underneath the tanning bed. Of course I wasn’t going to try to retrieve it…we all know what happens when I try to fetch things from uncompromising places in tanning rooms.

So…the moral of the story is…I’ve got a crippled shoe and half an earring. I’m sure you don’t care…but I’m totally depressed.

1 comments:

Sharon said...

I gave you an award! Check my blog!