Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Blowin' In The Wind

So,  yesterday I was driving back to work after lunch, and noticed something out of the corner of my eye.  There, blowing freely in the slipstream of my super cool Grand Am, was the molding strip from around my windshield.  Like, flying off of my car.  I wanted to die!  I mean, I know there are nicer cars out there than mine…but I don’t want a car that is falling apart.  I rolled down the window at the stop light, and shoved the molding back into place…only to have it go flying again about 3 seconds after I’d started driving again.  Ugh.  So…I rolled the window down again, (thank goodness we’ve been having unseasonable warm weather) and drove to work with my hand out my window, holding the molding in place.  Yeah…because I didn’t want to look stupid or anything.  Anyway…I got to work and called the GM place, and made an appointment to have it fixed this morning.  I just couldn’t bear the thought of driving around with an embarrassing looking car.  Even for one day. 

Well, I got it back a while ago, and it’s all fixed.  And I have to leave the bright green, totally un-embarrassing looking tape all down my windshield for 2 days.  Sweet.

1 comments:

Sharon said...

Dang cars...falling apart all the time! :-) Oh, and I'm seriously going to call and hear all about your embarrassing moment, or you could just email me! :-)