Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Seriously??

So…the other night I went to a game with Kristi and Tyler.  Kristi and I have season tickets right next to each other, and Tyler just gets a general admission child’s ticket when he comes.  Our seats are in a generally non-crowded section, so it’s never a problem to have Tyler sit with us.  This game was no different.  Since the game was during spring break, it was even less crowded than usual, actually.  There were TONS of empty seats all around us.  It’s cool when we’re in kind of an empty section, because Tyler likes to run around, and we can put our coats and bags and Tyler’s pizza and whatever in the seats around us.  It’s not necessary…but it’s nice.

Anyway…we were sitting there, when a guy and a girl came up to me and said, “Can we get our seats?”  The gal was seriously SO irritated, I could tell…like, visibly angry at us…because apparently, their seats were, say, 10 and 11…and we were in 11, 12, and 13.  (12 & 13 are Kristi’s and my regular seats.)  I am honestly not exaggerating about the amount of seats that were available around us.  Seriously…rows and rows of empty seats were behind and in front of us…seats were available on both sides of us.  WHY in the crap did they have to throw a fit and make us move?  Not that it was a huge deal to move…but it was their attitude about making us move.  Ridiculous.  Had it been me, I would have just gone down about 10 rows, where there were tons of empty seats, (I don’t know if I’d mentioned how many empty seats there were) and enjoyed the game from that much closer than I’d planned.

People are so weird.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

WTH! People are so weird. I'm with you...I would've found a better seat.

MetroParks said...

If noone was sitting in "their" seats you know they would have gone down the extra 10 rows. I hate people who always have to have a sense of justice even when the "justice" makes no sense.