Thursday, March 12, 2009

What Goes Around...

So…in my life…from time to time…you MIGHT find that I make fun of stupid people.  Sometimes.  I mean…you might not even notice it.  It’s pretty rare.

Okay, joke’s over…you all know that I freaking HATE stupid people.  And I mean…who is really to say who is actually stupid, and who isn’t stupid…everyone is smart in their own way at their own things, right?  Right.  I get that.  But freaking common knowledge and common sense…we should all have that.  People shouldn’t volunteer to teach a college History class for me…and then be shocked…SHOCKED…when I tell them that they need to have a Master’s Degree in History to even be considered.  Or you know…even ANY type of schooling in History.  Seriously?  That’s just stupid.  And I hate it.  I hate THAT kind of stupidity.  When people just don’t think.  When they don’t listen.  UGH.  When they don't have common sense. And I make fun of those kinds of people…mercilessly.  End of story.

Well…I became my perfect victim today.  I think it’s called Karma or something.  I’m a jerk to people who are idiots…and then…I become an idiot.  I get it.

I had a gal call me today…

“Hey, Janine, it’s Heather…”

“Hey, Heather…how are you?”

“I’m great…how are you?”

“Really good, thanks…HOW ARE YOU?”

“Um…great.”

YEAH.

I’m so annoyed with myself right now.  What was my plan?  To continue asking her how she was until she gave up and left me alone?

“So, Janine…I was wondering if I could schedule a room.”

“Sure…and…How are you?”

I’ve had people do this to me before…and I’ve slapped them silly in my mind for proving to me that they aren’t even paying attention to what they are saying…let alone what I’m saying…because they are repeating themselves.  Which is another pet peeve of mine.  Repeaters.  And I became one today.  I’m an idiot.  I get it.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

So, Janine, How are you?

Dimitri and Zachary said...

I love your honesty.