Friday, March 7, 2008

Friday!!

T.G.I.F!!

I will tell you that today...I'm just glad this week is over. I've been dying all week...it has seemed so long! A gal that I work with turned in her resignation this week, and her leaving is going to put me into a situation where I have to make a lot of decisions. Number one...I could probably take her job if I want it. It wouldn't be a promotion, really...we are both Admin. Assistants to the Dean...but if they wanted me to take the job, they'd have to give me a raise...because I wouldn't switch to her responsibilities for the same pay. Just because I love my job now...and am happy...so what would be the motivation for moving? I also know that I could do a good job in her position, and of course the extra money would be good. But...I don't know if it would be worth it...I don't know how much of a raise it would be...and if I did move over, I'd basically be doing both jobs for a while, because I'd have to train the new girl and basically do all that I'm doing now with HER...while I'm learning a new job. BUT...if I stay in my job...I'll have to do my job, which is a lot...and train the new girl in the other position...because really...there is a lot of stuff in that position that I know already. So...for the next couple of months, I'll be doing two jobs...no matter how I look at it. And it's kind of stressing me out. I don't know what to do. The other cool thing about taking the other position would be that I would get my own office...which would be nice, right? But...at the same time, I kind of like being out here in the main office...because I am "in the thick of things" and really get to see everyone all day...instead of being back in my own office. Both situations are appealing...and therefore...I have more to think about. I'm really tired of thinking about it all, really. Hee hee. I'm ready for some non-thinking time...aka...THE WEEKEND!

Phew...

0 comments: