Friday, March 28, 2008

Ugly Sweater

So...tonight I'm going to an Ugly Sweater Party. As you can probably figure, from the name of the party...I'm supposed to wear an ugly sweater. When I heard about the party a while ago, I thought..."How fun! This is going to be hilarious!" I mean, who doesn't want to see their friends and acquaintances wearing ugly sweaters? Oh...the photographic memories to be had.

Now, though...as the party is upon me...I realize that I don't HAVE any ugly sweaters. You see...the point of keeping the clothes in my closet...is that they are NOT ugly. I prefer clothes that are the opposite of ugly. So I'm kind of in a pickle. I don't want to go to the party in a non-ugly sweater and appear to be a spoil sport. But I'm not going to go out and spend money on an ugly sweater that I'll only wear once. Sadness.

I am most likely going to try to put together a combination of non-ugly clothes that don't play well together...and see if I can get away with that. Hopefully there will be one of my totally fashionable sweaters in there somewhere, pretending to be ugly.

0 comments: