Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy Eyes!


You may not be able to tell, but these are happy happy eyes. I know it's Saint Patrick's Day, and there is some song out there about when Irish eyes are smiling...but SPD has nothing to do with it. I'm not Irish...and neither are my eyes.

My poor eyes, however, have been through a terrible ordeal this past week. I mentioned one time that I was going to be going to the eye doctor...and I did. And I did get a new prescription, but also, the Doctor wanted me to try some new contacts...like a new brand. And he said they were supposed to be better...but let me tell you...they were NOT. They got all cloudy/goopy/dirty/gross after just two days of wearing them. I couldn't even see out of them. So, fortunately I had saved a pair of my old contacts and switched back to them. Then...when I went in for my follow-up, and told them that the new contacts sucked big time...they gave me ANOTHER different kind to try, just in my right eye. At first, it seemed okay...but in the end, it were just as bad, if not worse, than the first new pair. My eye was burning and hurting and so so so sad. So I stormed over to the eye doctor this morning and demanded that he make things right. And...by stormed, I think I mean that I walked in, and said, "This isn't working." And he switched me back.

And immediately all was right in the world, and I could see once more, and was no longer in pain. Hooray!! So...I might not know much about Irish eyes, and their smiling habits...but my non-Irish eyes are smiling big time!

0 comments: