Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Madness that is March

So...spring break is almost upon us, and work is already like a ghost town. I think 75% of our students decided to take two weeks off instead of one. I'm REALLY dragging, dealing with the slowness of the days...but there is one GLORIOUS thing that is keeping me going.

IT'S TOURNAMENT WEEK!!

And...I need hardly remind you what Tournament Week is the pre-cursor for:

MARCH MADNESS!!!!

I am seriously beyond excited...I think Andy Williams said it best when he said, "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year." I'm not sure where the marshmallow toasting and carol singing in the snow fit in with College Basketball...but I guess we each celebrate this glorious month in our own way.

I am eagerly counting down to Selection Sunday, and am going to be giving you all blow by blows regarding every victory and/or defeat on my bracket. Hopefully there will be more victories than defeats. I'm totally feeling Memphis this year...but so many people are telling me that they are over-rated that I'm getting nervous. Seriously...I will never understand why a game, which in NO WAY affects my personal life, (especially since the Cowboys had less than a...stellar...season) can get me so emotional. I seriously get so so so uneasy and excited and nervous and happy and freaked out all at the same time. It's an emotional roller coaster, to be sure...but I am SO ready for it!!

0 comments: